IMPROVING A LOT!
Featuring TheRunZone?s resident coach Tinman. All participants are welcome to post and reply to topics in this section whether you?re looking for advice, or sharing your own coaching experience.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wolde

IMPROVING A LOT!

by wolde » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:48 am

Hi!!!!
I don´t write a lot these days, but I´m doing really well. 2 months ago I did my PR in 10k, finishing in 33:05.
I continue with my training system, similar to tinman, but I don´t include CV training usually. I do tempo runs below 88% max heart rate weekly, easy/moderate runs 5 days per week and sometimes threshold reps instead of tempo run. I race 5/10k races once in 2 or 3 weeks and I use races to sharpen.
We don´t need race pace work year round in my opinion. It only takes 2 or 3 races to be in really good shape.

This year I want to change a bit my training, doin 2 week blocks, similar to ap4305:

Week 1: -CV reps, Tinman Tempo
Week 2: -Threshold reps, 10-15x1minute fast/slow

What´s your opinion?

GOOD LUCK!!

ThomasB

Re: IMPROVING A LOT!

by ThomasB » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:47 pm

In my opinion your two weeks rotations is a better one because there is more diversity in your training (the way I understand your 10/15 reps fast is that it is a 95% or 100% VO2max intensity training).

However, as you seem to perform well with mainly tempo and threshold reps plus just a few competitions, it could mean that you are more a slow twitch runner. If this is the case I would recommend to go really easy on the VO2max reps and to spread this king of training a bit more (maybe one every 3 weeks or so).

wolde

by wolde » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks ThomaB!!!

It seems that these forum is not going very well. I used to write 2 years ago and a lot of people answered the questions, not nowadays...

I think I´m slowtwitch runner like you say and I will do 1on/1off type of training once in 3 weeks.

Do you know how could I contact with Tinman? I sent him an email but he doesn´t answer.....

Good luck and have fun!

ThomasB

by ThomasB » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:24 am

The best way is to use the mail adress you can find here : http://runfastcoach.com/

RunFastCoach@gmail.com

Ludwivan

by Ludwivan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:27 am

ThomasB wrote:The best way is to use the mail adress you can find here : http://runfastcoach.com/

RunFastCoach@gmail.com

Thanks for the link.

Nilcardo

by Nilcardo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 am

Nice improvement so far. Thanks for sharing. :)

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1