Training and Weight Loss
Featuring TheRunZone?s resident coach Tinman. All participants are welcome to post and reply to topics in this section whether you?re looking for advice, or sharing your own coaching experience.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Miles

Training and Weight Loss

by Miles » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:52 am

I have been rebuilding my training and regaining fitness over the last several months after being unable to run due to injury for several months. I gained several pounds during that time, actually about 10 over an 8-9 month period. I tried watching what I ate, but I went from burning about 3200-3500 calories per day to buring 2200-2500 per day, so it was somewhat difficult.

I'm now training 70+ mpw, and have a very good coach and I am regaining fitness quickly. I am having trouble getting that extra weight back off, though. I've lost almost no weight since I started running consistently again and I have been watching what I eat fairly carefully. I would really like to be several pounds lighter so I will be at the same weight I was before. I know that extra weight is extra energy that I have to use to run, so it has to be slowing me down a little. Is anybody else going through this? Did being a few pounds lighter seem to help you run a little faster? Thanks!

road dog

Training and Weight Loss

by road dog » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:30 pm

Miles, every runner has an optimal weight. Rather weight range. Might be specific weight, give or take 5lbs. Myself, I was 132lbs in college. 11 years later, I am 120-125. The only difference in my training from then to now is that I run every day now; and my schedule is not as grand as it was before (my issue in college was trying to build-up too high, too soon, too often, only to get hurt). Try running everyday w/out a day off, and see how your weight is.

-road dog

Miles

Training and Weight Loss

by Miles » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:54 pm

Road dog, thanks for the advice. Over those 11 years, did you lose the weight very gradually and keep your eating patterns pretty much the same? Or did your weight go through ups and downs until it got into the 120-125 range? I know my weight will drop back down with time if I keep the training consistently, but I also want to eat healthy to speed up the process. My main concern in my own situation is finding a good balance between eating few enough calories to lose weight, but consuming enough calories that I still have the energy to run well. I do run everyday, though. I haven't run less than 3 miles in a day since last October.

road dog

Training and Weight Loss

by road dog » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:21 pm

[QUOTE=Miles]Road dog, thanks for the advice. Over those 11 years, did you lose the weight very gradually and keep your eating patterns pretty much the same? Or did your weight go through ups and downs until it got into the 120-125 range? I know my weight will drop back down with time if I keep the training consistently, but I also want to eat healthy to speed up the process. My main concern in my own situation is finding a good balance between eating few enough calories to lose weight, but consuming enough calories that I still have the energy to run well. I do run everyday, though. I haven't run less than 3 miles in a day since last October.[/QUOTE]

Miles, for myself, I think it was running everyday sensibly, versus training hard for months, getting too injured to run, and taking time off. Also, I do the little things now that I didn't do then, like drink plenty of water every day, take a multivitamin, drink R4/endurox after a long run, etc. Consistency is the key. Tinman had a nice rule of thumb, which I believe was 70% of the max you do.

-road dog

nelliettapp

Re: Training and Weight Loss

by nelliettapp » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:40 am

I have read an article about the top 20 waist trainer. Waist training helps to lose weight. Waist trainer helps you to burn more calories. I think the article will help you to know about the waist trainer. Here is it http://bestproducts-4u.com/best-waist-t ... ight-loss/

Sonnysuna

Re: Training and Weight Loss

by Sonnysuna » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:55 am

There are many different ways which athletes use to maintain their body weight. Maintaining consistency in your workout is key.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1