Tinman's Training for the Week of 17-23 March, 2013
A place for participants to share personal training logs, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tinman's Training for the Week of 17-23 March, 2013

by Tinman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Mon - 60' @ 295 watts. Heart rate in the low 130s (my max is 174). Felt easy! 1,134 Calories burned. I used 4% grade.
Tue - 45 minutes, including a warm up (just over 300 watts) and 10 cycles of 40 seconds faster, 20 seconds slower. I started at 85% of VO2 max and finished at 105% of VO2 max. Not that, in terms of breathing or aerobic stress, but  good workout for increasing leg strength and neuro-muscular power.

Wed - 60' @ 305 watts - so an effort between easy and moderate. HR was 32 on average. 305 watts is equal to approximately 21.9 miles per hour, which is equal to 8.76 miles per hour running (35.25 km/hr). In running terms, this is 8.76 miles per hour, which is 6.85 minutes per mile (6:51 per mile or 4:15/km).

Thur - OFF. I volunteer to read to students at the elementary school where my son attends. I read one-on-one with students, and teach them how to read better. I am a licensed elementary education (and physical education) teacher, so I have a background that affords me a skill-set that gives back to the community. The students sure enjoy having someone teach them how to read fluidly! By time I get home, I have my son to take care of, clients to take care of, and a house to clean. I do most of the house and child care, since my wife is up before 6 am and doesn't get home until about 5:30 pm. She teaches PE - and she's really amazing at it! - and works in the after-school program, which takes 2-3 more hours. She pretty beat when she gets home. There's no rest for her, except when she gets home, so I try to do as much as I possible can around the house. I've learned to really work efficiently and fast to get everything done. I want everyone to know that I care about them, and I do my best to improve the quality of their lives. I find there is a reciprocal effect in-play; others benefit from my contributions and care, and I go to bed feeling good about my day. I feel that giving my "heart" to others is a worthwhile endeavor. I compare that to my time working as a radiology tech, for years, where I worked for people in organizations that used people like they were consumables. I worked in over 30 hospitals as a travel radiology tech, and I've learned a lot. Mostly, I've learned how to treat people- like they are your family, not something to be used for personal gain. I truly cherish, now, the few managers or supervisors, for whom I worked, that treated me with dignity, and my co-workers. I admired them. I wanted to be like them. I wanted to make life better for other people because of them. They are my role models, in terms of leadership. I focus on what they did, as I move forward in life. When I worked on my MBA, I was able to write some really good papers, and the big reason was I have a diverse background. I experienced both bad and good (sometimes great) leadership. I know what it feels like to be used by the bad managers, like a pawn on a chess board. I also know what it's like to be treated like family, which the good managers and supervisors did!

Fri - 30 minutes easy (305 watts) at 1320 heart rate. Felt strong! I did a bunch of step-ups/downs in the evening, so that my leg power tomorrow will be much higher. There's a neural effect of doing strength exercises that associate well with the motion of the sporting activity one does!

Sat- 30 minutes warm up, progressing from 280 watts (easy) to 370 watts (a tempo effort). I averaged 324 watts. I burned 613 Calories. I covered 9.1 miles @ 2% grade. I felt fairly good, though mentally tired from a hard week. Then, I cycled 15' at a hard effort. The first half (7.5 minutes) was at CV effort (90% of VO2 max), which was about 410 watts. The second-half was at Aerobic Power effort (95% of VO2 max), which today for me was 461 watts. I average 437 watts. I am sure that I could have cycled 20-25 minutes @ 437 watts.  For me, that's 26.0 miles per hour (41.8 km/hr). I think my VO2 max (peak) power is close to 490 watts now - that wold be the average I could handle for 7 minutes, by the way. I did a 15 minutes cool down @ 273 watts, which is easy for me. That was 265 Calories.

Sun - 60 minutes easy, which is rising rapidly @ 313 watts, which was 1,190 Calories burned. HR was in the 130s (my peak is about 174). Felt easy, but I am low on carbs!
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1