Art design
A place for participants to post topics about anything including topics not related to running.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Art design

by Tinman » Sat May 03, 2014 6:21 pm

I am looking for software to draw designs / logos for t-shirts. Any recommendations?
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

bflying

Re: Art design

by bflying » Wed May 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Is this for just a few designs or is it a long term interest? I've tried free apps before. While many are capable they often lack intuitive features and that can be frustrating. Adobe products are what I enjoy working with the most. Through the new Adobe Creative Cloud you can try all apps free for thirty days. One app is 20/month, unlimited access is 50/month, students or teachers can get unlimited access for 30/month. Keep in mind some printing companies require files in certain formats and Adobe products will be able to handle those.
-Ben S.

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

by Tinman » Wed May 07, 2014 11:03 pm

bflying,

Pardon my lack of knowledge on the subject, when you say 30 free for teachers, do you mean 30 free apps or something else?

Thanks,

Tom
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

bflying

by bflying » Thu May 08, 2014 10:15 am

Adobe hosts software applications for graphic design, photography, audio processing, video editing, and web development on thier 'Creative Cloud'. The software is often used by proffesionals and hobbists. Students (elementary through graduate school) can get access to download and use any of the software applications for 30 dollars a month. I have Adobe software at work for my job as a Web Developer and additionally I purchased a membership for my daughter so she can gain gain experience with it. Adobe Photoshop is used to manipulate pixels in photographs. If zoomed in they look like squares. Adobe Illustrator is used to manipulate vectors in graphic designs. Vectors are shapes with crisp edges that don't blur when enlarged. I'll send you an email - your advice on therunzone has been very helpful to me and I'd be glad to try and answer further questions you might have.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1