USATF Masters meet in Kansas City July 11-14
A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jim

USATF Masters meet in Kansas City July 11-14

by Jim » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:39 am

I'm looking for a big meet to run in the summer and my choices are either the Canadian Masters meet in Saskatchewan or USATF in Olathe.  I figure both cities will be equally hot temperature wise but the competition will likely be hotter in Olathe.  Plus I think Tinman might be planning to head to Nationals. 

Question for Kevin and Ron:  I'll likely be flying in on July 10th and will rent a car and poke around for a day before the meet.  Any recommendations on a decent place to stay hotel wise in Olathe area?  Someplace within an easy drive to the track.  I don't need a Four Seasons but a step up from a Motel 6 would be good.  I'll be planning to head back on the 14th or 15th depending on the meet schedule.  Am thinking about racing the 1500m and either the 800 or 5000, choice to be determined in consultation with Coach Tom.

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: USATF Masters meet in Kansas City July 11-14

by Tinman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:02 pm

It is likely that I'll be at the meet because several of the Kansas City Smoke runners I coach will compete.
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

kevinm

Re: USATF Masters meet in Kansas City July 11-14

by kevinm » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:16 am

Yes, this should be a great time for many of the Tinman coached runners to meet. I'm looking forward to it. Jim, there are many hotels here in Olathe, and also in Overland Park and Lenexa. All are fairly close to the track (anywhere from 4 to 10 miles). I would recommend calling around for the rates. If you have questions about a couple, I can give recommendations regarding the area. There are some hotels at 119th and I-35 that are in a good location. Also I-435 and Metcalf in Overland Park is a popular area.

Its going to be hot and humid, so train accordingly!!!

Kevin 

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1