August 25 Daily
A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
OstranderRunner

August 25 Daily

by OstranderRunner » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:01 am

Ran early (6:15 am)again to beat the heat. Ran on hilly trails (for Columbus, OH) at Highbanks Metropark. The temperature was nice, but humidity was very high. I ran 10 miles on the trails working the up/down hills. Averaged 6:43 pace.

My pace was a little faster than I wanted to go, but concentrated on runing form for the hills. When running alone, I usually run at a faster than desired pace.

Total weekly mileage was 44 this week.

Twocat

August 25 Daily

by Twocat » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:33 am

Last race of the series here in my home town today. A really humid day. Fortunately, the cloud cover kept the sun from really roasting everybody. 9.37m@6:53. Good enough for 11 place overall. I tell you though, the 40-49 age bracket is really, really brutal! I finish 11 overall and only 5 in my age group. :( Still, this is way faster than I have run in previous years so I am not really complaining. Now if the HVAC company will just get over here to fix our hot water so that I can take a shower this should turn out to be a really good day. Happy running all.

ksrunr

August 25 Daily

by ksrunr » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:28 pm

OR - good run
twocat - congrats on the race.

45 mile bike ride this a.m. avg around 19 mph or little faster. Now off to mow and edge the yard. Hope to run tonight. Maybe the suburban triathlon?

ksrunr

tigger

August 25 Daily

by tigger » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:46 pm

It is cold and windy in the mountains today. I wanted to run 14 miles, but legs were a bit sore after yesterday's sessions so I just ran 4 and decided to rest for tomorrow's race.

Next week I will be off work, so planning a day trip to Hyder, Alaska to watch grizzlies chase salmon.

MaineRunner2001

August 25 Daily

by MaineRunner2001 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:58 pm

Four easy/recovery miles today. I also ran 44 miles this week.

retread

August 25 Daily

by retread » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:19 pm

Ah, the weekend. Get to report early today.

12 miles:
4m warmup on grass with a couple pickups, drive 2 min to track, jog 2 laps, then 5 x 1600 x 200 jog (6:39, 6:38, 6:38, 6:39, 6:37), cooldown 2 miles included 4 x 15 sec at mile effort. Supposed to be HM pace--hope I'm not being too optimistic. Felt good.

Nice race Twocat

rocknrollrunner

August 25 Daily

by rocknrollrunner » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:34 pm

Nice race twocat! Today was my long run -- 1:52 on dirt trails -- probably about 15 miles give or take. Felt really good. I've decided to do a half-marathon in mid-November as prep for USATF XC in early December so this week has been a good start towards building up my mileage. 56 miles in 6 days with an easy 6 planned for tomorrow.

Just saw the Crim results and Ron ran 57:52. Nice job! I heard from a friend that it was VERY humid.

efahl

August 25 Daily

by efahl » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:07 pm

[QUOTE=rocknrollrunner]Just saw the Crim results and Ron ran 57:52. Nice job! I heard from a friend that it was VERY humid.[/QUOTE]
No kidding, I ran this morning at 7:30 and it was 72f and 94% humidity, just 50 miles south of Flint... It must have been brutal up there. You can sure tell the field is deep with a capital "D" when Ron only gets 4th in his AG (the 40-44 winner posted a 52:49!).

So, Ben, doing a half in mid-Nov means you're probably not coming back up for the Iron Turkey this year?

Eric

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

August 25 Daily

by Ron » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:39 pm

Hi all from Michigan!

Great job Twocat on your race!!

Todays race went very well for me. Weather was just horrible, steady rain at the start. Rained off and on the entire race, and warm, very warm.

There's a whole story with this trip including a tornado yesterday when we got into Flint, and NEVER having power in the host hotel! I will post a full race report once I get back into Cleveland tomorrow (with pics).

12 miles overall

2-mile w/u
The Crim 10-mile Race: 57:52 (5:48) 57th OA, 4th AG
But best of all...Negitive splits on a tough course. 28:57-28:55.
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in Responsive Website Technologies

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1