Creative Daily Titles Wanted: August 26
A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Twocat

by Twocat » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:43 am

A 7.09m@10:41 recovery run with DW. Pretty humid day here in CT. Next week is a "recovery" week on Pfitz's training plan. I still do not see how a 59 mile week counts as recovery! :D

OstranderRunner

by OstranderRunner » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:25 pm

My run started early again, but the temperature was very nice with mid-60's and high humidity. My legs were tired after yesterday's run and my joints were aching (old age). I ran 7.8 miles in 6:56 pace.

I am planning to skip a day (Wednesday) to get the spring back in my legs (hopefully). I will be visiting Strongsville, OH this coming holiday weekend and hope to get a run in with Ron (if available).

MaineRunner2001

by MaineRunner2001 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:31 pm

It was hot and humid between 8:00am and 10:00am when I ran this morning. 14.07 miles in just over two hours. My legs are feeling tired too

edit - oops changed miles from 13.07 to 14.07!

rocknrollrunner

by rocknrollrunner » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Easy 6 miler. Felt better than I thought after yesterday's 15 miler on trails. Good week for me -- 62 miles.

Hey Eric, in answer to your question from yesterday, I think I'll probably miss out on the Iron Turkey this year as fun as it was last year. It was one of my resolutions to run a 1/2 marathon this year and I found a good low key one on a nice course for Nov. 18, 3 weeks exactly before USATF XC.

retread

by retread » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:35 pm

14 miles on rolling aslphalt at 8:12 pace. I've been doing Sunday long run following a key workout or race on Saturday for several weeks now, and it seems to be working out well (knock on wood). Felt good today.

Please, OstranderRunner; I don't want to hear any more complaints about old age. You are still a kid ;)

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

by Ron » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:34 pm

12.57 miles for the day.

Very nice cool sunny morning run in Birch Run, MI.
8 miles in 59:03 (7:22). Too bad this weather wasn't around yesterday morning for The Crim!

PM: 4.55miles 33:50 (7:25) back home on the North Park Trail Loop. Nice and cool here in Cleveland also.
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in Responsive Website Technologies

tigger

by tigger » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:27 am

Not a good result from today's 5k race. Conditions were great but I managed to pull a groin muscle about half way through the race and I had to stop and stretch it at the half way point. Stupid injury. I was running along a trail and got surprised by a pile of fresh horsie doo doo on the trail. In mid air I stretched my right leg a little too far to not land in the middle of the ca ca and I tweaked my groin, which has been bothering me for the last year or so. I carried on, but at the half way point we turned around and it tweaked again, so I decided to stop and stretch it out. After a couple of minutes it felt OK, so I resumed running and finished the race. No PR this time, although I was doing fine up to that point. No biggie anyway....it was not a goal race.

My daughter gave it a go and managed a 20:42, after a summer of no running. Not bad for her first attempt back from her bone strain. She will be sub 20 in another month or so I am sure.

efahl

by efahl » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:16 am

[QUOTE=rocknrollrunner]Hey Eric, in answer to your question from yesterday, I think I'll probably miss out on the Iron Turkey this year as fun as it was last year. It was one of my resolutions to run a 1/2 marathon this year and I found a good low key one on a nice course for Nov. 18, 3 weeks exactly before USATF XC.[/QUOTE]
Best of luck in the half, my wife and I celebrate our 29th anniversary that day... XC nats are north of Cincinnati this year, aren't they?

I did my Q2 run, 15 miles total: 6 to warm up, 5 tempo and 4 with tapering speed to cool down. When I pressed "stop" on the watch it was 2:00:00. As noted, the weather was beautiful, clear and low humidity.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1