Saturday, September 1st Daily
A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
OstranderRunner

by OstranderRunner » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:48 am

I nneded to run very early today. We are delivering a horse we sold. I ran at 6am and it was a great run. No wind and in the low 50's. Perfect running weather!!!!

Ran 10.1 miles in 6:59 pace; an easy run and look forward to running trails in the Cleveland area this weekend

Twocat

by Twocat » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:01 am

Today was a recovery run day for me. Went with DW 8.1m@10:36. This is the longest run she has ever deliberately done! We once got lost with a friend while in Europe and that run might have been longer. Anyway, I am pretty proud of her determination to pull today's run off.

Monday is a big race day for me! It is the New Haven 20K and is one that I look forward to each year. I have a lot of friends running in it and we have a big post race party! Really, the best part about running is the social aspect. People think it is a lonely sport. But nothing could be further from the truth!

efahl

by efahl » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:47 pm

I had a very nice time racing this morning, see my report on the Racing Talk forum. Total of 2.5+3.1+2.0 = 7.6 miles for the day.

MaineRunner2001

by MaineRunner2001 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:50 pm

5.44 slow/recovery miles today.

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

by Ron » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:19 pm

10 miles all together including Celebrate Westlake 5 Mile race (Race Report to follow).

Really nice morning for a race in Westlake OH. Good size crowd showed up as always with the normal Kenyan contingency to take the $$$.
I ran well, but a little slower than I would have liked. I guess the two 10-mile races I've run in the past two weeks have limited my leg speed to some extent.

2 mile w/u
5 mile race 27:44 (5:32)
3 mile c/d

Not sure on overall placement, but I was 2nd Master and 1st in 40-44 AG.

Got to see, and run my cool down with "rocknrollrunner" and "livin' the dream".
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in Responsive Website Technologies

retread

by retread » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:47 pm

Another slow 7 on the grass for me today. Still hot here--up to 90 again to day.

Nice race Ron...AGAIN! Will be looking for your report.

Good luck in your race, Twocat.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1