Sunday, September 9th Daily
A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
OstranderRunner

by OstranderRunner » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:11 am

It rained the entire run and I loved it. I felt much better this morning and the fever is gone. I ran 8 miles with an average pace of 6:45. Good start for my week.

Twocat

by Twocat » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:37 am

Ran a very easy 7 with DW. She was hurting today so the pace was a slow 10:40 (which includes one water stop and one walk break). The heat and humidity may have hurt her a bit, but then some days are just tougher than others.

efahl

by efahl » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:33 pm

Sunday is usually my long day, but with yesterday's shenanigans, my back is still hurting pretty badly and I shortened my route to 9.2. I ran progressions, from about 7:40 at mile 2 to 6:50 for miles 6 & 7, then a slow cooloff for the last two.

My back felt much better after the run, so maybe I should have done the usual 15. :)

Eric

tigger

by tigger » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:32 pm

It was a georgous morning here in the mountains, with temp around 10 degrees, no wind and no clouds. I headed out around 8 AM for a planned 2 hr run...1 hr out and 1 hr back. I finished in 1:56 for 11.2 miles. Saw and heard lots of animals, including two black bears. I was coming back when I saw the first one. He heard me and slowly moved up and off the road, and then I rounded a corner to find a second one on the edge of the road! He wasn't moving off his patch, so I skirted along the edge of the road with my bear spray in hand, just in case he got nervous. I was within 30 feet of him and he didn't budge...merely staring at me as I went by. He was a nice size with a white patch on his chest...a marker of several bears, presumably related in this area.

I also heard a lot of blue jays screeching their alarm to all who would listen. Crows in abundance too.

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

by Ron » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:14 pm

18.66 miles total 1:58:48 (6:19) overall

AM: This morning I ran the Cleveland Clinic River Run Half Marathon in really crappy weather: 1:16:47 (5:51) which was good enough for 9th place overall and 1st in 40-44 AG.

I was looking forward to this race for quite some time, but the weather didn't seem to care. It just poured all night, then for the first 11 miles of the race before slowing a bit for the last couple. The temps were a bit warm also hovering right about 70 degrees.

I was soaked........ran about 1:50 slower than I planned and just was never into it, but that the way it's goes sometimes.

Sounds like tigger had a much better time at his run then I did!!

PM: 3.56 miles in 25:12 (7:04) recovery run while DW did her Tinman workout at North Park.

Good Runs All!
Last edited by Ron on Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in Responsive Website Technologies

ksrunr

by ksrunr » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:10 pm

Looks like our little gang all had good runs today. I took a rest day and begin marathon training officially tomorrow. Disney; here I come.

ksrunr

retread

by retread » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:59 am

15 miles on bike path at 8:10 pace. Felt like it was going to be a tough one for first few miles, but it got better as I went on. Good running weather helped a lot--mid 60's and cloudy.

Nice race Ron

Train4ny

by Train4ny » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:30 pm

Ran 2 hours and 47 minutes. At about 80 degrees I was well pleased. Between 21 and 22 miles.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1