Starting again
A place for participants to share personal training logs, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Titanium

Starting again

by Titanium » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:45 am

Guys

I am relatively new to this forum for which I have found to be very informative.
Basically I have recently began running again after several years off due to injury, children etc.
Before this I was a UK international at Cross Country up until I was 20 years old (im now 34) and my weight has been stable ever since (im 6ft 1in and 11 and half stone)
I am currently running 3-4 miles here and there with no structure. I did a timed 5K using my gps watch to assess my current fitness level the other day and ran 20.30 (at about 90% effort)
What I am after is some guidance on a more structured plan to get me back in shape and begin racing competitively again in particular at 10K - do I just build up endurance to start with? If so at what pace?? Or do I introduce speed sessions as well? If so what type? I am also unsure what would be a realistic expectation to race a 10K in 6 months time (I was guessing around 38mins - is that unrealistic)??

Any guidance appreciated

Thanks

FTIR

Re: Starting again

by FTIR » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:51 pm

This is the generic schedule thread:

http://www.therunzone.com//viewtopic.php?p=5586#p5586

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1