Stress fracture?
Featuring TheRunZone?s resident coach Tinman. All participants are welcome to post and reply to topics in this section whether you?re looking for advice, or sharing your own coaching experience.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cweeks

Stress fracture?

by cweeks » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:26 pm

I didn't run this morning at all it hurt too bad just coming out of bed

It's my lower shin when I twist it or move it up and down it hurts. Also when I squeeze my shin it hurts

I think it's my job, I'm interning for our representatives and is it about everyday I'm walking door to door surveying people.

I also need new shoes i was going to get some last Sunday but in was working all days

During track I was running 50-55 miles per week and I’ve been running approximately 45 right now.

Anyone have any advice or words f wisdom?

Barney

Re: Stress fracture?

by Barney » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Not sure if you've gotten diagnosis or if injury has gotten better. I coached a HS athlete who was diagnosed with stress reaction, which from what I understand really isn't a diagnosis. She was out 5 weeks, but her soreness on shin was on the inside and it was a certain nickel size spot that was sore. There was no pain up and down the shin like shin splints, but pain was localized to a very small area.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1