Most running shoes are overweight garbage

Featuring TheRunZone?s resident coach Tinman. All participants are welcome to post and reply to topics in this section whether you?re looking for advice, or sharing your own coaching experience.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

TrueBlue

Re: Most running shoes are overweight garbage

Post by TrueBlue » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:14 am

[quote="Tinman"]
Denuement: By doing what works for you (wearing shoes that work for your footstrike and gait); you meet my second principle of training: Keep the ball rolling. That is, do whatever it takes, especially the little things, that keeps you training regluarly/consistently. Take care of the details and your momentuum will be improved. Reaching new levels of fitness and performance result from consistently doing the right kinds, amounts, and intensities of training.
[/quote]

as in zen quote of the day?  nice...
Last edited by TrueBlue on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TexNav

Re: Most running shoes are overweight garbage

Post by TexNav » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:52 pm

I started looking for new shoes today and tried on the Adidas adiZero Boston and was very impressed. (I want to find and try on the Asics Speedstar, and the Lunar Trainer as well). However, it was what AP had mentioned that makes me glad I checked the Adidas. That the shoes are constructed more narrow, for me, this is awesome and the initial fit and feel was great.