Shoes again...

Featuring TheRunZone?s resident coach Tinman. All participants are welcome to post and reply to topics in this section whether you?re looking for advice, or sharing your own coaching experience.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

TexNav

Shoes again...

Post by TexNav » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:14 pm

... I had to buy a new pair of shoes and was pretty limited by my location, they were a pair of ASICS 2140s. Is it just me or do these feel rather inflexible and even though not terribly heavy they are "brickish".

Anyone compared them to the 1100 series? I wanted a bit more cushioning but these 2140s are nothing like when I bouth the 2040s??? years back.

Just curious. Can't wait to check out the new DS Trainers 15. I loved the 13s, the 14s not as much.

ATimmins

Shoes again...

Post by ATimmins » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:04 pm

ds trainers would make the asics feel like bricks. I use to run in 2130s and now i couldnt even imagine wearing them around the house.
Forced into running and loving every minute
1.5 Mile:
First = 13:38
Current = 7:10
Powered by Powerbar - www.powerbar.com
Dressed for Success in Brooks - www.brooksrunning.com
Running log - http://www.logarun.com/calendars/atimmins/
Running Blog - http://www.powerbar.com/blog/atimmins.aspx

retread

Shoes again...

Post by retread » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:28 pm

If you like Asics you might want to try on a pair of Banditos. They are classified as a racing flat but have surprisingly good cushioning. I've tried on the DS Trainer a few times too and also found them to have more of a hard feel. Although the Banditos are a couple ounces lighter they feel more substantial than the DS. Definitely suitable for everyday training, imo.

road dog

Shoes again...

Post by road dog » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:22 am

Guys,
Years ago, I bought a pair of Asics Ohana racers, similiar to the Bandito (which I believe is also discontinued). That was in '06, and I still run all my track workouts, and road races in them (though I think they are due shortly for retirement). The nice aspect about both shoes is that the heel is not elevated, and the rubber is rather straight cross, w/out the shoe making the runner landing on the heel first.

-road dog

retread

Shoes again...

Post by retread » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:58 pm

I went through 2 pair of Ohana's before they phased them out. One of my all-time favorite shoes. The Bandito is supposedly the replacement. Both make good everyday trainers and are also good for long races such as the marathon.

road dog

Shoes again...

Post by road dog » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:28 pm

[QUOTE=retread;8742]I went through 2 pair of Ohana's before they phased them out. One of my all-time favorite shoes. The Bandito is supposedly the replacement. Both make good everyday trainers and are also good for long races such as the marathon.[/QUOTE]

Retread,
I am actually using my old pair of Ohana racers as an indoor/outdoor shoe to wear around the condo.

-road dog