Book For Sale !!!

Featuring TheRunZone?s resident coach Tinman. All participants are welcome to post and reply to topics in this section whether you?re looking for advice, or sharing your own coaching experience.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Book For Sale !!!

Post by Tinman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:22 pm

I just found out that I will be able to get the book that I co-authored in four business days. That will be a full- 10 days ahead of other distributors. I am therefore going to sell a limited number of copies. I will be glad to sign a copy for whomever purchases one for me.

I'm going to place an order for 30 books, so the first 30 people who send me an email stating the want one will get a signed copy from me. If you pre-ordered from a book distributor already, you can cancel the order now if you want. Please send an email to me let me know if you want a signed copy. Again, at this time I plan only to purchase 30 books. Here's my email: runfastcoach@gmail.com
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

Captainblood

Re: Book For Sale !!!

Post by Captainblood » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:56 pm

I sent you an email, Tom.  Can't wait to read the book!

monica

Post by monica » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Sent email too  8)

run2thehills

Post by run2thehills » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:35 pm

I also sent you an email...

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tinman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:20 pm

An update:

I will receive the books I ordered next Tuesday, maybe Monday, per the tracking system. I'll be able to sign them to individuals who purchase the book and mail then within a day of payment. The book weighs 2 pounds (428 pages). I asked the Postal Annex person to provide me with the cheapest shipping options. So, below are what she told me:

Inside the U.S.A., the cheapest rate is $5.68 per book, called Media Rate Shipping, but I have to wrap it in a heavy duty paper they provide, which is 99 cents, so the total cost of that method is $6.67. That's regardless of location within the U.S.A. That takes roughly 10 days for shipping to the East coast, probably less on the west coast. The next best option is Priority Mail shipping, which takes only 2-3 days for delivery in the U.S.A. and costs $8.50.  considering it's less than $2 between the two methods, and it takes far less time to deliver the book (10 days vs 2-3 days), it seems more realistic to just use the Priority Mail option. I was going to charge $20 for the book, and with shipping, I'll just round it off to $28.00 for any single book inside the U.S.A. I haven't checked yet, but I may be able to fit two books inside the Priority Mail envelope. I'll go check in a few minutes. I didn't think to ask that question before.  If both fit in one package, it's still $8.50 shipping, so I will charge an extra $20 for the second book, thus $48. If you want more than 2 books, I'll figure out the best shipping option - a box, for example. I will update this information in a couple hours, maybe less, after I go to the Postal Annex and ask some more questions.

I am going to put up an e-commerce place to buy the book on my business website. I have reserved the right to purchase for 11 people so far (since last night). I just called Sarah and ask her to send an extra 10 books to my original order. So, now I'll have 40 books for sale, which I will sign for you and mail. I am going to add at no cost a Performance Chart, that will compare equivalent times for various standard racing distances. It's my most recent chart.

* If you order a book from me and don't (already) get a discount Personal Coaching rate from me, called a Special Arrangements rate, which is typically reserved for repeat customers, I will offer you a 20% discount for any commitment of 3 months or longer for Coaching or for a Training Plan.

** If you already get a discount from me and want the book, I'll create for you a personalized training paces chart, and I will also create for you a personalized Tempo Paces chart, which shows ideal Tempo paces that you should to run for a variety of times/distances (it changes with the distance)(This was going to be reserved for my next book, but I'll give you an advance view of it).

*** For anyone who buys 2 or more books from me, I'll add in a Personalized Tempo Paces chart, regardless if you are a new or repeat client.
(You'll have to give me a reference race time for which you want Tempo paces, such as 17:36. Ideally, the race time for your chosen distance is between 15 and 60 minutes.

http://www.runningprs.com/book-for-sale.html  (My coaching services page!)
Last edited by Tinman on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tinman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:39 pm

I once again checked out the various rates and confirmed the information I received before was accurate.

I can fit 2 books in one UPS Priority mail envelope, so the cost is $8.50 for either 1 or 2 books. I'm rounding that off to $8.
For 1 book, it will cost $28 and 2 books will cost $48.
For 3 or more books, I'll have to check on shipping rates for a good value.

Shipping to Canada is about $25, by the way. I don't know why it's so expensive.

Shipping to Europe is $38 for the two places that I checked: Oslo and Budapest.

Again, there are perks to ordering the books. See my previous post. Training Charts, etc. and reduced coaching rates are included for certain choices.

http://www.runningprs.com/book-for-sale.html
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

Josh1

Post by Josh1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:39 am

Tom - I also sent you an email.

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:00 am

Hi Tom,
Please send me a signed book as well. I'll flip you an email with particulars.

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tinman » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:45 pm

Got the emails from all the above people, and I will reserve a book for each of you.

I just received an update from UPS tracking: I will receive my books tomorrow. I'll promptly sign them and try to get them in the mail.

From each of you, a bonus is included in the book purchase:

(Choice #1) A personalized Training Paces chart, based on your race-time (example, 20 minutes for 5k). I need the information right away, since I am going to have surgery soon. Tell me a race distance and race time (a realistic one). I ask that you select a 3k to half-marathon time. Note, use a distance that is truly representative of your skill set. If you are faster at the 3k and 5k, use that. If you are faster at the half-marathon, use that.

(Choice #2) A personalized Tempo Paces chart, which shows you the ideal pace to run for a range of training times. The range if 10 minutes to 90 minutes. If you run a 10-minute tempo, you'll run faster, as an example, than if you run a 90 minute tempo.

(Choice # 3) A Race Performance Equivalency Chart. You select a chart: 3,000 meters to the Marathon.

(Choice #4) A 20% discount on the Personal Coaching Service or Personal Training Plan(s). This applies when (A) you sign up for 3 months or more, and (b) you don't already get a discount from me (which I give to customers who have worked with me for long periods of time).

Thanks!

Tom

http://www.runningprs.com/book-for-sale.html
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tinman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Books just arrived via UPS! I like how they look. I had the non-proofed version, but the final copy looks even better. Great illustrations, charts, bullet points for quick perusal anytime!

I will sign books this evening and get them in the mail by morning. Thanks to anyone who purchased a book. So far 26 have been sold. Originally I bought 30, but added 10 on just in case, so if you have yet to order a signed copy (along with a bonus of any of the charts or 20% discount mentioned in the previous post), please shoot me an email soon. Take care, Tom

Tom's email: runfastcoach@gmail.com

Link to book sale: http://www.runningprs.com/book-for-sale.html
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

Racing Flat

Post by Racing Flat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi Tom,

Just sent you an e-mail and ordered the book from your website.

Thanks.

dkggpeters

Post by dkggpeters » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:04 pm

I am looking forward to this book.

kevinm

Post by kevinm » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:46 pm

I'll take one Coach! The check is in the mail.

Kevin

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tinman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:43 pm

You got it Kevin !
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tinman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:48 pm

32 out of 40 books are paid for already. 30 were signed and mailed today. I personalized comments to each person, given what I knew about them. It was not just a "Best wishes" comment; more relevant and specific I hope.
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com