My big race is quickly approaching on 2/14. I have what I believe is a pretty bad plantar wart that has popped up on the inside ball of my left foot - of course at a pressure point.
My gait has changed a little bit, but not too bad. I currently am trying the duct tape method starting today; however, I have an appointment to have the wart removed (don't know the approach the doctor will use yet) this Friday afternoon. The appointment would be a one-shot deal because I'm on a high deductible plan at work and will have to foot the full costs myself.
Costs aside, my biggest hang-up is that the wart removal at the doctor will hurt my next two weeks of very important training moreso than the actual wart itself. I'm tempted to go now because it is getting larger and is currently about the size of the end of a pinky finger - plus, I think that a very small new one might be starting right beside the bigger one.
I don't want to ruin my race with self-inflicted pain. Should I go or should I try to wait until after the race?
Featuring TheRunZone?s resident coach Tinman. All participants are welcome to post and reply to topics in this section whether you?re looking for advice, or sharing your own coaching experience.
1 post • Page 1 of 1