Thank you Tinman!

Featuring TheRunZone?s resident coach Tinman. All participants are welcome to post and reply to topics in this section whether you?re looking for advice, or sharing your own coaching experience.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

runningrobert

Thank you Tinman!

Post by runningrobert » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:35 am

A couple of years back, I was frustrated that my high school team wasn't performing at their peak at the end of the season. I seemed to be able to get them to the 20 yard line very well, but couldn't quite get them as ready as I would have liked at the Championship races. So I hired Tinman to help build what the season's workouts would look like. He taught me a whole new approach to training. I learned that it wasn't they weren't ready, but maybe they ran too fast too early and thus were a little more tired at the end of the year. Manageable workouts, and making sure they were rested and feeling good became the name of the game.

I have taken this new approach in and this year my boys and girls teams both won the Section Championships in cross country, and we also had the individual winners in each race! Not to mention of the fact that of the 46 athletes who competed, 30 had PR's on the course!

Thanks Tinman for your help. This approach really works. We have the results to prove it!

Clell

Re: Thank you Tinman!

Post by Clell » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Your post seems to be a common one for those who hire Tinman. :)

So I also take this time to say thank you for all the time you put in to help people run better.