Oklahoma Marathon: John McAllister

A place for participants to post their own, or other racing reports and information. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Oklahoma Marathon: John McAllister

Post by Tinman » Mon May 02, 2011 8:47 am

Congratulations to John McAllister, of Texas, who raced well this weekend at the Oklahoma Marathon. The weather was awful - super windy, rainy, and at time hailing - yet he won his age division by 21 minutes and was faster than last years age group winner by 14 minutes. He had his heart set on breaking 3 hours, but the weather's challenges prevented that. I am proud of John and thrilled that he did so well.

It is moments like these that we share in the joys and accomplishments of our running community members.

Tinman
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

Wellpark

Re: Oklahoma Marathon: John McAllister

Post by Wellpark » Mon May 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Well done John,

You have set yourself a challenge and excelled. This can only be done with dedication and sound preperation and no doubt listening to wise advice when offered ;-)

All the best

Wellpark

nancyd

Post by nancyd » Tue May 03, 2011 10:33 am

Congratulations to a fellow Texan.  Way to go!!! 
It's in persevering through trials like you have, that we know we can handle anything.  You not only met the challenge, you exceeded it.  Well done.

nancy

ksrunr

Post by ksrunr » Mon May 09, 2011 11:25 am

Wow.  I usually only hang out on the "coaching" forum.  I read all the posts over there but only rarely post. I was told Tinman posted this.  Thanks all.  It was the most miserable fun I've ever had! 

I ran sub 3:10 at Boston last year and then a 3:30 +- in a small fall marathon both race bonking hard at mile 20.  This race was the first marathon I've run since receiving help from Tinman beginning last Jan.  Following his plans I did not bonk but did fade some over the last few miles.  I'm sure he can do some minor tweaking to my schedule and we can try another sub 3 in Oct.  Thanks Tinman

Wellpark

Post by Wellpark » Thu May 12, 2011 5:35 am

Hi John,

It always makes a difference when the person coaching you helps you to realise your goals. This gives you confidence in your ability to aim higher next time.

I like that you mention the 'fun' element. that has been a major factor in my improvement over the last number of months since adopting a Tinman approach. I am not sure what came first - the race improvements or sense of enjoyment from racing/training.

I wish you all the best with your continued pursuits and hope you have fun along the way.

All the best

Wellpark