Drew Hunter and Ciara

A place for participants to post their own, or other racing reports and information. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Drew Hunter and Ciara

Post by Tinman » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi!

Joan Hunter sent me messages from the Footlocker South Regional race. Her top runner, Ciara, placed 6th and qualified for Footlocker Nationals. Joan is thrilled for Ciara. Drew, Joan and Marc's son, placed 1st in 14:36 (5km). Since, I wrote the workouts the last two weeks to help Joan out, knowing how much pressure would be placed on her to have those two ready to compete, I was very excited to hear about their results. I was especially excited for Ciara, who nobody a month ago would have predicted she's be going to Footlocker. And, by the way, she got a college scholarship offer recently, too, which is a big deal for Ciara and her family.

Two more weeks to Footlocker Nationals. It will be exciting to see how they do in the race. Most of all, I hope they all have a good experience and realize that new vistas can be reached if one believes in them.

Regards,

Tinman
Thomas Schwartz
www.runningprs.com
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

ZachCC

Re: Drew Hunter and Ciara

Post by ZachCC » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:15 pm

Nice, Congrats to all involved!!

qrkid

Re: Drew Hunter and Ciara

Post by qrkid » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:53 am

awesome for all involved. Congrats.
I was following the results online.
I guess Ciara will be headed to George Mason next year. I am sure Drew is going to have all sorts of schools giving him a call towards the end of track season and going into his senior year of cross.
Look forward to see the results from San Diego in 2 weeks.