Base Training

A place for participants to share personal training logs, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Bump14

Base Training

Post by Bump14 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Greetings.  I am new to this type of training and was turned onto it by dkggpeters via a different running forum.  He has also been very helpful through a couple of messages.  I have heard of 4 different runners who have used Tinman's methods and all were very successful.

I am currently base training for a late November marathon.  I have read the articles and I have a question.  In the base training article, ATR pace is mentioned as something to do weekly.  When I go to the calculator, I don't see a training pace for this type of run.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  I may just be missing something. 

Thanks.

Bump

dkggpeters

Re: Base Training

Post by dkggpeters » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Bump14,

ATR = Tinman Tempo Pace (Tempo on the calculator http://www.runningprs.com/runnerscalculator.htm) which is about 10 seconds faster then MP on average.  Use your current fitness level when running them.

Good to see you back and big workouts are the way to go for Marathon training.

Bump14

Post by Bump14 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:30 am

Thanks for all your help so far.  I've taken your advice and read all the articles and many of the threads.  I'm sure there will be many more questions to come.

dkggpeters

Post by dkggpeters » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:04 am

Feel free to ask away.

Post in the "Coaching" section going forward.  You will get more responses when posting there.