Pulled or torn hamstring with dark bruise, but little to no pain?

A place for participants to share personal training logs, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

gogordo

Pulled or torn hamstring with dark bruise, but little to no pain?

Post by gogordo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:05 pm

Hello folks,
  I'm just making my gradual comeback to running and managed to pull or tear part of my hamstring on Monday. I was being an idiot while playing gym with my students and fellow staff members at ESY and landed awkwardly sideways. At that moment I felt a twinge and could tell I did something, but just walked it off. On Tuesday I woke up extremely stiff and sore, however by today the pain was limited to just being touched or sometime when I have to lean down to pick up something. Infact the pain is so little I had one of my best runs today in recent months, in terms of how it felt, the issue is that when I returned from my run a noticed a dark black bruise down the back of my leg. Should I be concerned or get it checked out or is it okay for me just be careful and train lightly until it clears up on its own? Thanks everyone, I look forward to seeing what you have to say!