Monday 27th daily

A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

ksrunr

Monday 27th daily

Post by ksrunr » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:58 am

Morning fellow athletes. 5.75 miles this a.m. at near tempo pace of 7:45 miles. Moon was out as well as the stars and a few clouds w/ lightning crossing the sky. Weird. Began to sprinkle just as we finished. Suppose to get much rain tomorrow and rest of week. I like running in rain but I don't like starting a run in the rain.

Have good runs
ksrunr

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

Monday 27th daily

Post by Ron » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:07 am

18.5 miles for the day!

Nice start to the week here in NE Ohio. Sunny and low 50's! Man, I can hardly wait until fall arrives.

I'm with you ksrunner, I don't mind running in the rain, it's just that getting started part.

12 easy miles this morning in 1:25:25 (7:07) pace. I would like to get a few more in this afternoon if time permits.

PM: I did manage to get in another 6.5 miles this afternoon in 44:29 (6:49). Ran in my new Adidas Adizero racing flats without socks. Got a little bit of rub on my right heel, but man are they light shoes! May need to get them in a half size bigger so I can wear some thin socks.

I did hear back from the race director of The Crim, and he said they did make a mistake in the 40-44 AG and will be removing Paul Aufdemberge from the AG which moves me up to third.

Good running folks!!
Last edited by Ron on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in AMP-HTML & Responsive Website Technologies

OstranderRunner

Monday 27th daily

Post by OstranderRunner » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Great weather to run today; low 70's with 60% humidity. ran 6.2 miles in a 6:46 pace. Legs felt very tired during the run. I started a set of plyometric exercises yesterday. Probably a combination of upping my mileage and the new exercises are the reason for my tired legs. I was planning to take off Wednesday, but will take tomorrow off as a rest day.

Twocat

Monday 27th daily

Post by Twocat » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:50 pm

tigger sorry you had a bum race. It just happens. Fortunately, there is always a next race!

Today I did 15.12m@8:58. From here until next Monday my mileage goes down day to day. Then Monday is the New Haven 20K race which I hope to beat my old PR in by several minutes! :D Stay tuned.

Livin' the dream

Monday 27th daily

Post by Livin' the dream » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:01 pm

5.75 mi. EZ for me today. Had a strange pain in my knee during an easy 4 miler last night. Good news was it was gone this morning! Planned a workout for tomorrow so I'll cross my fingers.

retread

Monday 27th daily

Post by retread » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:58 pm

7 slow ones on grass loop during lunch at just over 9-min pace. Legs were more tired once I started to run than they felt walking around this morning. Coming off a big weekend of running, it wasn't that much of a surprise.

Runninglate

Monday 27th daily

Post by Runninglate » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:15 pm

Still no run for me. Went in for XRay of hip today. Therapist suspects a stress fracture of ischium. On the positive side I can ride the bike so I did 19 road miles on the recumbent.