August 30 Daily: Welcome to Sunday!

A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Twocat

Post by Twocat » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:33 am

Nice run and intervals yesterday rocknrollrunner. Ran 9 miles with a friend of mine within which was some speedwork 6x600m@5K pace. Having somebody to do intervals with makes them a LET less painful! Not enjoyable mind you. Sort of the difference between a root canal and just getting say four teeth filled. :D

ksrunr

Post by ksrunr » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:08 am

twocat - you inviting us to church? My sermons fall between a root canal and say 4 teeth filled. :D

5.5 easy but progressive miles this morning beginning at 9:11 and ending about 7:30 paces. Will pick up another 5-6 easy tonight and then a long run in the a.m.

good runs to ya
ksrunr

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ron » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:39 am

20:43 miles for the day.

12.43 miles in 1:25:48 (6:52) on a cloudy morning. Screwy distance I know, but I had xx.57 for the week so far, so I had to even things out (pretty anal huh).

The temps were still around 70 this morning, but the humidity was just brutal once again. A front is moving through the area today and should blow out all this moisture in time for Saturday's 5-mile race (But wait...It's already Sunday according to Twocat. I must have missed it :eek:).

8:00 miles in 51:57 (6:29) this afternoon. Boy, it was one of those runs where I was firing on all cylinders and the miles just clicked by. Sunny, breezy and no more humidity!
I have decided my new Adidas Adizero PR's are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, even though they are a half size to small (new one's are on order!).

Good runs to all!
Last edited by Ron on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in AMP-HTML & Responsive Website Technologies

efahl

Post by efahl » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:00 am

A short recovery run today, 4.6 miles in 39 minutes under fair skies, it was so lovely out I could have run forever. Legs felt fine today after yesterday's CV reps, so I must be using my common sense as Tinman likes to say. :)

I just signed up for the Run Like The Wind 5k on Saturday in Hines Park, starting at about Nankin Mills if I read the course description correctly. Woo hoo, I'm finally racing on a course without killer hills, first time this year!

http://www.runmichigan.com/eventcalenda ... .9282.html

MaineRunner2001

Post by MaineRunner2001 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:38 pm

Good luck to everyone racing over the long weekend. I am taking a vacation day tomorrow for a "four day weekend." !!

I road my bike to work today (between 11 and 12 miles.) Will ride it home, and then go for a five mile easy to recovery paced run.

I have a 10K road race in a couple weeks.

Livin' the dream

Post by Livin' the dream » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:53 pm

5 miles slow to EZ for me today. Hopefully the last day of humidity for awhile. Trying to freshen up the legs a bit for the same 5 miler Ron and RnR Runner are racing on Sat. See you guys there!

rocknrollrunner

Post by rocknrollrunner » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:04 pm

6 miles easy today. Still humid but much cooler. Legs felt pretty good after yesterday's interval session so hopefully this will bode well for Saturday's race. See you on Saturday Ron and Livin' the Dream.

Ileneforward

Post by Ileneforward » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:34 pm

I have 7 easy miles planned tonight, and I may take tomorrow off altogether! I have a 12K race planned on Saturday that I hope to do well at.
I ran a 10 mile race on 8/18 and was disappointed due to intestinal issues. :(

retread

Post by retread » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:46 pm

7 easy miles on grass loop -- about 8:30 pace. Might do 4-5 more later this afternoon. Scheduled for 10k race on Monday, but thinking about doing 5k instead. We are in a heat wave now and I really start to notice the temp about 4 miles into my runs.

Twocat - I've always looked forward to track workouts. "Train, don't strain" as the saying goes. If you are dreading them, you aren't doing them right, imo. You don't need to knock yourself out to get results.

OstranderRunner

Post by OstranderRunner » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:54 pm

Today's weather was much cooler, but the humidity was very high. My running route was through the streets of Dublin, Ohio; so it was fairly flat. I ran 6.6 miles in a 6:48 pace.

I visited my massage therapist today after the run to work out some knots in my IT Band and hamstring. It was painful, but will be worth it come this weekend. :eek: