Friday, August 31st Daily

A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

OstranderRunner

Post by OstranderRunner » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:51 am

It was a gorgeous running day in central Ohio. The temperature was in the mid-60's, little wind, and sunny. My legs felt great after the massage yesterday. I ran 6.3 miles in 6:39 pace and it felt fairly easy. It had to be the nice weather why I was feeling so good. I worked on my form for the last 2.5 minutes of the run.

My plans are to get over 50 miles next week and maintain 50-60 miles a week for 2-3 additional weeks. At that time I will begin some tempo runs/intervals twice a week.

efahl

Post by efahl » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:16 pm

I did 8 miles at slow pace (8:30) in even cooler weather. It was 56 and crisp when I left the house this morning, and about 60 when I got back. It's suppose to be the same tomorrow so even though my race doesn't start until 9:30, it shouldn't be too hot.

ksrunr

Post by ksrunr » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:23 pm

Made a mistake by running under the hot yellow orb in the sky. Ended up with 8.3 but wanted to run 15. Heat, humidity, no shade, and no wind beat me up pretty good. Send some of that cool down here please! :eek:

ksrunr

rocknrollrunner

Post by rocknrollrunner » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:12 pm

6 miles easy with a few strides. Felt pretty good. My race tomorrow is at 8:30am so I think I'll catch some pretty ideal weather. Good luck to everyone who is racing this weekend!

retread

Post by retread » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:05 pm

It's our turn to suffer now here in sunny California. It was 88 when I finished my 8-miler this afternoon and is expected to top 90 again. Monday is race day for me too, and I'm getting more and more comfortable with the idea of doing the 5k rather than the 10. It's one of those events where you have an option.

Whoa! I just looked at temp in Davis, where the race will be, and it's 100 now. Davis is farther inland than San Jose where I live, so temps are generally 10 degrees hotter.

MaineRunner2001

Post by MaineRunner2001 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:39 pm

5.42 mile with 8X100 striders. Lower 70's but sort of humid. Yesterday I ran on a treadmill for the first time in over a month. Pretty big thunder / hail storms traveled across central Maine. Hard to believe August is over!

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ron » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:29 am

Found a way out of the slums of Saginaw today. It's a mad dash for about 1/4 mile until I hit a main road that leads out to corn and soybeans fields.

6 easy miles in 42:24 (7:03)

Weather was pretty nice, sunny and upper 70's

Good luck to all who are racing this weekend!
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in AMP-HTML & Responsive Website Technologies