Labor day 9/3 daily runs

A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

ksrunr

Labor day 9/3 daily runs

Post by ksrunr » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:59 pm

10 miles this a.m. at 7:51 avg. w/ last mile at 6:45. Pretty happy with that considering how badly I ran 8 miles last Fri. Weather cooler with sprinkles off and on and then last mile a downpour and wind. Ruined my cell phone. :mad:

good runs to ya
ksrunr

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

Labor day 9/3 daily runs

Post by Ron » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:27 pm

Sorry to hear about the cell phone ksrunr, eBay's a great place to find a new one so you don't get stuck in contract extentions :).

12.00 miles on a sunny, cooler morning in NE Ohio in 1:26:28 (7:12). Once again I hope to add a few more miles this afternoon if time permits.

Good runs to all.
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in AMP-HTML & Responsive Website Technologies

OstranderRunner

Labor day 9/3 daily runs

Post by OstranderRunner » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:12 pm

I was asked by my coach to run with his team this morning and had the top seven runners with me. They were a good group to run with on a beautiful morning. We ran in the Cleveland Metropark in Berea and ran the bridle trails. We ran 10 miles in 6:53 pace for an easy day. We pushed the pace on the hills we ran and could not resist a taunt when this old man beat several of the runners up the hills.

Great running weekend for me. I completed 32 miles for the long weekend. I am pretty proud of me! :D

MaineRunner2001

Labor day 9/3 daily runs

Post by MaineRunner2001 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:40 pm

I ran easy/slow 4.29 miles yesterday, a little over two of them on snowmobile trails. I actually got lost, and used the Garmin's 305 "route back to start" feature to get out of the woods :)

Today I did another slow/easy run, but did 12.27 miles all on the roads, without getting lost.

ksrunr

Labor day 9/3 daily runs

Post by ksrunr » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:16 pm

Just had to take advantage of this "cooler" weather. Ran 4 more this evening. I picked up 2 razr phones on ebay for less than the price of the one cheapie they were trying to sell me at the brick and mortar store. Cool.

ksrunr

retread

Labor day 9/3 daily runs

Post by retread » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:35 am

10 miles total, including Fleet Feet 5k in 19:11 (6:08, 6:09, 6:15, :39). I was originally planning 10k, but moved down to the 5 because of heat and other naggging problem I'd been dealing with this week. Result was a surprisingly convincing PR. I've been following Tinman's schedule almost to the letter these past few months and things starting coming together these last couple races.

Tinman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Labor day 9/3 daily runs

Post by Tinman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:29 pm

To Jim (retread):

Way to go! Nice p.r.! You are showing that solid training can produce results despite growing years. Your determination and dedication are the most impressive thing about you!!

Tinman
Tinman
(coaching available)
Inquire via email:
runfastcoach@gmail.com

CandoKid

Labor day 9/3 daily runs

Post by CandoKid » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:45 pm

I ran 6.1 miles yesterday am with my two sons (10 & 13) @ 8:22 pace. In the afternoon I went out with my family to a gravel pit to scout out a future place to run with the XC team, and put in a couple more miles. Then last night I ran 6.6 more @ 6:47 pace while chasing down my 13 yr. old - who was running 4.5 easy with an XC team member. So, lots of fun on some family runs yesterday!! I was able to stay away from the farm so I didn't have to "labor" to much on Labor Day!!

Pat