9.11.07 daily

A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

ksrunr

9.11.07 daily

Post by ksrunr » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:24 am

Morning friends. 8.25 miles in the rolling hills, heat, and humids. 8:07 avg @ 125 avg hrt rate.

ksrunr

Twocat

9.11.07 daily

Post by Twocat » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:04 am

Weather man said pop up showers and then clearing. Went off with my running partner for an 18 mile jaunt. A little rain but not too bad. Then after a couple of miles it stopped and it looked like we would have dry weather for the rest of the run. About 8 miles in the sky opens up and it starts raining. A few miles later it is pouring! Then around mile 14 we hear thunder. Great! Soggy, miserable, tired and then nervous to go with it. :( Pop up showers followed by clearing should not ever, never, not even once translate into torrential downpours! Good to get that out of my system. End result: 18.53 miles, mostly swimming, at a 9:25 pace. I hope everybody else has a drier day.

Now I am going to go back to checking the weather for the relay race this Friday and Saturday. Oh great! A 40% chance of showers on Saturday. Gotta stop checking the weather report, gotta stop checking . . .

MaineRunner2001

rain ??

Post by MaineRunner2001 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:32 pm

Rain will be a decision maker for my run later today. If it looks good I will head to the track for 5X1K CV's. If it is raining - treadmill

good runs all

OstranderRunner

9.11.07 daily

Post by OstranderRunner » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:42 pm

I ran on the Hilliard Rails to Trails asphalt path today. My plan was to run an easy 8 miles. This path has every mile marked and if you know where to look you can find every half mile marker, too. I usually use this asphalt path for my progressive run and tempo runs because the path is fairly straight and very flat.

The weather was perfect for running; mid-60's and mostly cloudy. I had some strong gusts of wind on the out part of my "out & back" route. I did not plan this run, but I felt good throughout the run. Below are my mile splits. After my sixth mile I backed the pace down a little bit, but I was never in O2-debt during the run.

6:55, 6:43, 6:38, 6:34, 6:32, 6:07, 6:26, and 6:22 (overall pace was 6:32)

I was very pleased with my pace and how I actually felt running those miles. :D

tigger

9.11.07 daily

Post by tigger » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:49 pm

Sometimes it pays to suck it up and get out there. Today I felt sore and aches and pains in pretty much every muscle in my body for some reason. I almost decided not to run, but this is only week 2 of the schedule so I didn't want to fall off the wagon this early. So out I went into partly cloudy skies with a temp of 10C.

The planned run was 8 miles easy pace. The actual was 8.9 miles over hills, at an easy pace, but faster than normal for me at 10:05 per mile. For some reason the aches and pains disappeared around the 2 mile mark and the legs were strong right to the end.

I met my bear friend again at the turnaround point. He was nestled in a bush on the side of the road and he poked his head out as I ran by, but he didn't show any aggression or fear. He just looked....almost in disbelief. By the time I hit my turnaround and came back he had crossed the road and was disappearing into the trees on the edge of the road...unconcerned about the crazy human in the yellow shirt who dares to invade his patch.

Tomorrow is a scheduled day off, but I will likely do some easy walking and running in the morning. I find that it helps get the stiffness out and prepares me for the next day's workout.

Too bad for the rain everyone is experiencing. We are not supposed to see any here until Sunday.

rocknrollrunner

9.11.07 daily

Post by rocknrollrunner » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:51 pm

6 miles easy with 6 x 30 seconds at 5K effort. Felt pretty good. ksrunr, I gave you a race description of that trail relay I did on the 9/10 thread. feel free to email me if you have more questions!

ksrunr

9.11.07 daily

Post by ksrunr » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:16 pm

Thanks rocknrollrunner. I saw your reply. I am scheduled for my first 200 + road relay next march. And have completed a 50 mile trail run. I didn't know they had trail relays. Sounds like fun to me.

ksrunr

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

9.11.07 daily

Post by Ron » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:13 am

10 miles for me 1:11:15 (7:07) in Bridgeport, MI. Got hammered by a rain storm at about 7 miles. I thought for sure it was going to hail, but it never did thankfully.
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in AMP-HTML & Responsive Website Technologies