Wednesday, September 12th Daily

A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ron » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:43 am

Hallelujah! Brunswick High School opened the track to the public! Little did I know this happened last year, so I have been driving 20-30 minutes to a neighboring city to use their track for the last year!

Anyhow, this morning was a scheduled interval track workout.
10 miles all together 1:05:08 (6:30) pace overall.

Track Workout: Intervals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 mile warm up
5 x (1 mile @ HMP (~ 5:44) w/200m jog)
Splits (5:41, 5:44, 5:42, 5:40, 5:39)
2 mile cool down

Weather was just perfect....sunny and about 50 degrees with a light breeze. It sure was nice to be able to workout so close to home.

Good runs all!!
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in AMP-HTML & Responsive Website Technologies

OstranderRunner

Post by OstranderRunner » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:16 am

I planned on an easy 6 miles. The weather was great this morning and I ran 6.5 miles with a pace of 6:40. The pace felt easy and I was relaxed. I am finally getting into shape again after my series of injuries earlier this year.

I will plan a "Build-Up" and Progressive runs next week and see how I do.

Ron, good repeats. What were your average 200m times?

ksrunr

Post by ksrunr » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:59 am

Nice runs guys. Easy 6 this morning untimed at conversational pace. Legs have that "good" sore feeling this week as I am ramping up the mileage. 73 degrees this morning and humidity was low enough heat index was 73. Light Northerly breeze made it the best morning run in months. Will be running between showers next 6-7 days according to the local weather guesser.

ksrunr

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ron » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:01 pm

Hey Brent,

Nice run for you this morning too!

My 200m jogs were ~1:00.
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in AMP-HTML & Responsive Website Technologies

rocknrollrunner

Post by rocknrollrunner » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:36 pm

12 miles on a course with lots of rolling hills in Rocky River Metro Park

2 mile warm up; 2 miles @ TT effort in 12:33 (6:20, 6:13); 1:00 jog rest; 7 x 3:00 @ CV effort w/ 1:00 jog rests; 1:00 jog; 4 x 30 seconds at mile race effort w/ 1:00 jog rests, 22 minute cooldown back to my car.

Perfect weather. Felt really good and relaxed on the tempo and CV reps. Felt very strong on the hilly portions.

Livin' the dream

Post by Livin' the dream » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:18 pm

6.25 miles EZ over rolling hills for me this morning. I was actually chilly for the first 2 miles as cool weather has moved in. Pushed off my CV workout until tomorrow because I did some fast(er) repeats with my sons' CYO cross country practice yesterday. Not part of a plan...just decided to jump in when I felt good after a warmup. Some minor lingering soreness from my half on Sun but overall I feel pretty good.

LTD

MaineRunner2001

Post by MaineRunner2001 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:56 pm

Eight miles in 61 minutes on the nose. 7:34 pace. Ran it at the same effort I will run an October half marathon. That pace would be about a four minute PR, but would also be something I can improve. I think my 5K time is right at my limit.

retread

Post by retread » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:13 pm

12 miles total -

4 warmup @ 8:20, 6 @ 6:52, then finish with 2 @ 8:35 and 4 strides last mile.

I've stuck to Tinman paces almost exactly for a while now, but this was about 8 sec per mile faster than scheduled long tempo. It was perfect for running this morning with cool temps, cloudy skies, and just a hint of a breeze. I think that's what made it seem so easy.

tigger

Post by tigger » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:27 pm

I am very lucky. I have a nice track right over my back fence. It's part of a high school complex, and is used by a number of runners in town.

Today was a scheduled day off according to Pfitz, but I did a very easy 5k sandwiched between a mile warm up walk and a mile cooldown walk at 4% on the TM. That was in the morning. In the evening I managed another 2 miles walking on the TM with about 15 min of core exercises.

Tomorrow is a scheduled 9 miles easy.