Friday, September 14th Daily

A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

OstranderRunner

Post by OstranderRunner » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:59 am

I took it easy this morning with an easy 6.7 mile run in 6:53 pace. The morning was perfect to run with high 50's, little wind, and sunshine. It is great to be alive and running on days like this. :D

ksrunr

Post by ksrunr » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:24 am

Good morning OR. 13 miles of rolling hills this morning. 80 degrees and 87% humidity. But not bad; most before sun up and balance still had cloud cover. Suns out now and going to get hot. 8:15 pace and ahr 125.

ksrunr

tigger

Post by tigger » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Wow! 80 degrees in the early morning! Not here! There was frost on the ground with a 3 C air temp this morning. I managed 4 easy miles sandwiched between a mile warmup walk and a mile cooldown walk. It was a scheduled day off so this was just a recovery paced run to get the legs ready for the weekend. I was on a track, so no bears today either.

Livin' the dream

Post by Livin' the dream » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Recovery day for me. 5 miles slow (~8:30 pace). Ran on tree lawns as much as I could to get on some grass. You run the risk of turning an ankle but it feels so good to get off of the cement.

MaineRunner2001

Post by MaineRunner2001 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:29 pm

Good day everyone. I ran a little over 4 miles yesterday around 9:30 recovery pace. My son has a cross country meet tonight, so will try to sneak another four easy or recovery miles in after getting home.

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/miniViewLarg ... mode=pause

When his mother (my wife) looked at the picture, she asked, "were you guys fighting - you all looked ticked off." My son replied, "no, running sucks, we all just felt miserable.? :)

retread

Post by retread » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:01 pm

Easy noon run on grass loop--8:42 pace. Yesterday was an unplanned day off, my first in 2 1/2 months--got stuck at work.

I've juggled my racing schedule so that I'll be running a 5k this Sunday in Golden Gate Park instead of National Masters 10k that I'd planned on next weekend. I have to take my SO to the airport on that morning and see her off for her trip to Vietnam.

Cool pictures, Mainerunner. Those guys running just ahead of your son don't look happy, but he looks like he's handling it pretty well.
Last edited by retread on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ron » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:47 am

10 glorious miles in 1:11:20 (7:08) in Bridgeport, MI.

Sunny, breezy and cool. I actually got the chills a couple time when the sun ducked behind a cloud and the wind blew. Love it!
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in AMP-HTML & Responsive Website Technologies