Tuesday, September 18th Daily

A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

OstranderRunner

Post by OstranderRunner » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:36 pm

I ran an 8 mile "Build-Up" run today. For each mile I run, I put in a 100-150 meter speed "build-up" from training pace to 80-85% speed. Once the "build-up" is over I fall back to training pace. I completed eight (8) "build-ups" during this run and my average pace was 6:44.

Overall, my legs felt pretty good today but my calves are still a little sore. I will need to visit my massage therapist soon to work out all the soreness in my calves. I really hate to ask him to work on my calves because I know it is going to hurt like hell!!! :eek:

ksrunr

Post by ksrunr » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:23 pm

Good evening Brent,
Been waiting all day and evening meeting to get to run and post. Ran 8 miles tonight @ 8:10 avg pace. 7:50 to 8:33 range. Had a unagreeable lunch so felt pretty weak.

Where's everybody at today?

ksrunr

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ron » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:21 am

5 easy miles in Bridgeport, MI 34:46 (6:56). Pretty warm run after the nice cool weather of last week.
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in AMP-HTML & Responsive Website Technologies

retread

Post by retread » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:55 pm

7 easy on grass loop at 8:40 pace. Weather has cooled down this past week. Very nice for running, even at noon