Tuesday, September 25th Daily

A place for those of us over 40 to share their thoughts about running, racing or just life in general, as well as training plans and ideas. These discussions are open to runners of ALL levels.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

OstranderRunner

Post by OstranderRunner » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:42 pm

Well I have not postd in two days and here is my story. I was going to take off a day from running this week and decided to take off Sunday so I could sleep in for once. Over this past weekend while staining my second story, I nearly fell off the roof three times and caused me to strain my right hamstring. Yesterday, work became busy and I was unable to get a run in during lunch. So I decided to run after dinner, but received a flat about 2.5 miles from home.:mad: I replaced the flat tire with one of those "donut-tires" and started limping home. After about a mile, I realized the "donut-tire" was flat and I was stuck. After many hours, I was finally home for good by 9:30pm and had not run yet. So I did not run yesterday either.

Today, it was warm, sunny, but no humidity during my 8.3 mile run at lunch. My pace seemed very easy and I averaged 6:42 pace. My hamstring strain was felt during the first few miles, but disappeared.

retread

Post by retread » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:55 pm

Brent--see what happens when you are gone a few days? Hopefully your bad luck streak is over and the other regulars will return.

Easy 7 miles for me today and yesterday. Got a little sore for the first time in a while following Sunday race, but only a mild case. Should be ready for a long easy one in the morning.

OstranderRunner

Post by OstranderRunner » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:37 am

Retread - Where in the Bay Area are you? My college roommate use to live in Palo Alto for several years. When I would visit him, I love to run on the trails on the western side of Stanford.

Ron
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ron » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:51 am

5 miles exploring Bridgeport, MI: 36:21 (7:16).

I was planning on taking the day off but I changed my mind and just went super easy around Bridgeport looking for different places to run when I'm up there. Found and interesting park called Cass Park along the Cass River. Not very big, but some nice grass trails cut threw the woods. The grass was hardly even worn down so I guess not many people take advantage of them?
-Ron
Admin
TheRunZone.com is brought to you by: Xtreme Multimedia Marketing
A leader in AMP-HTML & Responsive Website Technologies

retread

Post by retread » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:54 pm

Brent, I live in San Jose, but stayed close to Stanford for a few months when I first moved over here. There are some great places to run there, but this whole area is hard to beat when you factor in the weather and all that there is going on.

Ron, another good luck to you for Akron. It looks like you might finally get some nice weather to run in.